Embalse del Guadalhorce – Estación del Chorro – Álora
The visit will begin with a breakfast at the reservoir Embalse del Guadahorce, which was opened in 1921 by the King Alfonso XIII. We will visit this reservoir and go for a walk through the Caminito del Rey, a walkway pinned along the steep walls of the narrow gorge Los Gaitanes, and the small town of El Chorro.
There, we will visit the railway station in order to set course again for the reservoir Embalse del Guadalhorce, where we will eat lunch.
After lunch, we will visit the town of Álora. Outstanding amongst its emblematic places are the castle Castillo Áraba, the parochial church Iglesia Parroquial de Nuestra Señora de la Encarnación (seventeenth century), the church Iglesia de la Veracruz and the monument Monumento al cante por la Malagueña.